May 20, 2009

I hate Injustice!


I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Working at night gives me ample time to sleep in the morning. Yesterday, I wokke-up at around 6 in the evening and as usual do the ritual, 5 minutes of sitting down doing nothing. I opened the television...how I wish I didn't!
Another news about the mail ordered bride Filipinas and the appeal of government leaders to the news which they considered degrading not only to the Filipino women but to the whole Filipino race.
I myself feel the same. Remember the comment about the Domestic helpers, the Filipina maid who was forced to dance and a libelous comment about the medical profession in the Philippines? I feel sorry and sad because.....I AM A FILIPINO!
My appeal to our fellowmen:
1.)Don't underestimate the Filipino domestic helpers, for without them who will take care of yoru household and your children. They are sacrificing and ignoring the pain of spending their years away from their families...all these sacrifices they endure for the benefit of their children.
2.)Don't make fun of your household maids. They are humans too, created by God for a purpose. They are obeying your instructions not just for money but to make you happy.
3.)Don't criticize our medical schools and practitioners. They are practicing the medical profession and made their oath to save lives.
Always remember that we can find people from all walks of life (rugs and elite) even to the richest and powerful countries in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and for leaving your comments. I really appreciate it. Feel free to visit again when you have the time.