October 5, 2011

Part 3 - An Adventure I won't forget

the continuation of the saga of my almost trip to heaven.  To refresh your memories, you can go back here .


Third Day: The Island of Borawan

The only option left for us is to take a detour to the nearby island named "Cutcutan". Upon hearing the name of the island, I stared to one of my buddies who used to live in our province. In our local dialect the meaning of the name of the island is "Libingan" or cemetery. But of course we stayed quiet. We don't wanna add reasons for our buddies to freak out, knowing that we're actually freaking out. The boatmen carefully navigated the boat onto that island where we ate our lunch but we already lost our appetite. With that situation, we're left with 3 options:

1. Trek to Borawan Island via the port for 2 hours.
2. Walk along the shore till we reached Borawan which isn't too far...that's what I thought
3. Take the chance of risking our lives again by going back aboard the boat and declare amok with the waves....which we all thought wasn't a good idea.

We all go for option 2. We took a walk until the boat fetched us on the side where it is safe to ride again. Well for me, I still have the fear factor and if anyone would accompany me, I would rather continue walking till we reach  Borawan


Below is the shore were we opted to take the walk. The rock formation are wonderful



And he even manage to strike a pose. Yep, we made fun of the situation. Better take the opportunity to enjoy rather than welcome wrinkles, right?


The entire day was really hectic and fearful. As we reached Borawan, we're already tired. We camped beneath the huge rock formation and in front of us is the sea shore. We fell asleep with the sound of the waves and gecko as lullabies.


our camping site and our tent. mine is the second from the left


the view of the ocean inside the tent

and woke up in the morning with this view 

a morning greetings from the sun
this scene was spectacular
me and my buddies
And the  jump shot
After long and tiring days we're happy and blessed that finally we stepped our foot onto the land again after our almost trip to Heaven.

17 comments:

  1. Ang sarap sarap naman ng beach. Been long waiting for semestral break to come.. huhuhu..

    nice pic especially the sunrise and sunset..

    by the way, wala ka bang solo picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang sarap sarap naman ng beach. Been long waiting for semestral break to come.. huhuhu..

    nice pic especially the sunrise and sunset..

    by the way, wala ka bang solo picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mas maganda sana kong may picture ko jan.. hehe! i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. parang gusto ko maagkaroon ng ganyan na tent.ang ganda ng mga rock formation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss going to the beach... na alala ko tuloy ng pumunta kami ng Potipot... at Laguna.. ehehehe.. super like and super miss ko... pero alam mo ba.. napaka raming magagandang beach sa Tawi-tawi.. ehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, what adventures and beautiful pictures, Sey!!! I finally got some time visit and look what I've been missing. I'm off to 'back read'..:-) sorry I'm so late!!

    HUGS,
    Coreen XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had quite an adventure! I'm very glad it all turned out well, and that sunrise really made the whole thing worthwhile. Your photos of the sunrise are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow ang ganda naman ng scene. gigising sa umaga, dagat agad at araw. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pictures twin sis. I'm so glad you survived that. It's quite an adventure eh? You are right the sunset was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment on my blog!!! I've been reading about your adventure and want to say, I'm glad you made it back safely! No wonder that you wan't forget it! Your pictures on the beach in this post are wonderful!!
    Take care,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  11. ang ganda ng sunset. i've never seen it like that. saka ang lapit ng campsite nyo sa beach. unlike with anawangin, hindi mo tanaw yung beach from your tent. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is some trip! The picture are wonderful! What an advernture my friend. Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear you are traveling and adventuring. It is good for you. And what gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sarap naman dyan! super enjoy kayo ah =)
    I'm now looking forward to your Baguio stories and pics =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My God!! i loved the attitude of your team ....i do the same when i am stranded .. why crib...enjoy whatever is infront :) ...and the photographs.......they are awesome!!! i feel it was a brilliant trip....adventurous and beautiful!! too good!! loved your camps and all the photos... thanks for refreshing my evening .....

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello sey pls join my giveaway http://ritchellebaraquio.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-1st-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just stopped by to say hi! have a great day my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and for leaving your comments. I really appreciate it. Feel free to visit again when you have the time.