June 2, 2013

Tomorrow is the first day

"A teacher's purpose is not to create student's in his own image,
but to develop student's who can create their own image"
~Anonymous


Tomorrow is the first day of S.Y. 2013-2014. If you'll going to ask me if I am ready to face my students, well, "YES I AM" (emotionally, intellectually, physically and spiritually). Tomorrow will be the orientation day and that will mark the student's first impression on us as a teacher. To deviate from the traditional set-up of the orientation day of letting the student's write a lengthy essay of what they learned from the previous school year, I created some activities to prepare them for the 180 days of learning their course.

One of the activities I am thinking is to ask them what they expect from their teachers. We often established classroom rules to guide our students and we thoroughly set our expectations, making us forget that our students were humans too, with needs to be tended and voices to be heard.


I'll post some interesting answers next week, when the schedule gets a little friendly.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best this coming school year, Sey! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sa pagtuturo, ako naman ay balik estudyante ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis, Anung job mo before? change career? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward for you updates. Nice blog you have here! I read some of your posts too. They're amazing. You can visit my blog too and maybe we can follow each other? Just let me know. Keep in touch :)

    http://www.missordonya.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and for leaving your comments. I really appreciate it. Feel free to visit again when you have the time.