May 19, 2010

The Moon and the Star

What a beautiful sight last Sunday, May 16, 2010 just the time after sunset, I was walking on the street from the market when I saw the wonderful  view of the moon with a crescent forming like a smile and a star just above it. It was reported in the television that the star is actually the planet Venus. It is called an occultation, the moon appears to pass close to Venus which is not impossible to happen since the moon and the planets share a similar apparent path in the sky but only few can observe since it usually happens after sunset and before dawn when people are starting to take a rest after a long day of labor.

Who said the moon and star couldn't be together? Well, I beg to disagree cause they just proved you wrong and I am glad I saw it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi sEy, Thanks for visiting my blog. Please come back anytime. Love your picture of the moon and star. The moon is smiling for you!!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy, I really love your blog. I'm enjoying the pictures that you're posting and I am hoping I could visit those places as well especially the waterfalls.

    Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and for leaving your comments. I really appreciate it. Feel free to visit again when you have the time.