January 6, 2012

A royal mail for the holiday


Warning: This is a post Christmas post. Not that I'm lazy but because I don't want to let the spirit of the season go. At least not yet. I'm still nostalgic with the food, decorations, gifts, the presence of family members and the comfort of home.

Rewind: on the second week of December, something came in the mail for me from the land of the kings and queens. At first I couldn't believe the fact though I'm already holding it on my hand. I'm way totally awed to received something from the place I long wanted to visit. It's a double intense feeling because I know it's not just a Christmas card,  there's little pieces of happiness inside. 

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves of how great this dear card is. Of course goosebumps and bliss to realize that snail mail is not yet gone. Thanks sis Kris for making my Christmas extra special. If you wanna experience the life in UK though you're not there, visit Kris' blog, Kalokang Buhay ng Isang Pinay sa UKay  and be struck with the cakes she bake, the Legoland and bits and pieces of their life in the UK.

my first card from UK - first - as though anticipating for more to come (hahaha)

lovely message full of love. 
Wouldn't your heart skip a beat to see the handwriting of a friend you've come to know while blogging?  
Now when I read Kris' blog, it's though I am seeing her handwriting legibly scribbled on the page.

as promised - sorry for the picture's poor quality

little happiness with the card - additional collections and a great idea for the wrapper. 
THUMBS UP!

Dear Kris: Thanks for the happiness, card,  greetings, wishes, the stamps 
and for the wonderful friendship that just crossed the boundaries of the blogging world.
I will be forever grateful.

28 comments:

  1. Krizzy_kalokangPinayJanuary 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM

    Ang sweet naman sis, I am so happy that you liked the card, my message and the stamps. And yes, snail mail is still very much alive. Nakita mo ba yung pic sa last post ko, some if those cards were posted to us & yes it is special =)
    Ako din sis, very thankful for the friendship. I really hope to meet you in person sa Pinas or dito someday.

    Much love, kris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, reading a snail mail is heartwarming nowadays. It's kind of refreshing. :)
    Ate Kris is soo sweet. :)

    Happy New Year Sey. Wishing you all the best this 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. napaka thoughtful naman ni krizzy.. Have a nice day sa inyong dalawa..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful that you got mail from overseas. That is always a special experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful that you received mail from England. I've always felt that mail from another country was a special event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's so funny that you posted this right before I posted my blog about snail mail! Something is in the air. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. I dream of going to the land of kings and queens too. and yes, to actually share a friendship that will cross the virtual world.

    Happy New Year!:)

    My latest post: My orange & elemi facial wash saved my eyes
    http://beforeiturn25.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-orange-elemi-facial-wash-saved-my.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was sweet of her! snail mail is still the best. the waiting makes it worth it. :)

    P.S. UK is one of the places i want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... I got the same card from the same super sister Krizzy. When I finally got the card, I smelled it, held it on my chest, near my hear as if it can take where it came from. I guess it did, somehow.

    Cute stamps for your collection. I'm sure sobrang happy mo talaga.. love you twin sis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute nung pagkakagawa nung laman ng card. ay parang ang sagwa magcomment ng tagalog english yung post eh hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love getting cards at Christmas time too... from far away and people I miss!!

    Happy New Year, Sey & glad you are still enjoying the spirit of the season!!! :-)
    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love reading letters!
    Happy New Year, ganda!
    Buti nalang nakaka-pag-comment na ulit dito :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks Ganda - Happy New Year too. I love letters too and I will do a letter project soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some reasons I can't explain, I suddenly misses the good old days of reading letters. Days when the www was not yet existing. and the excitement of reading scribbled words never fails to excite me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's okay. No problem kahit mag-comment ng tagalog. Ang ganda nga ng sulat ni Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  16. super happy talaga twin sis, cause finally I got something from UK..to be added on my collection. Wait, I forgot to smell it but I jumped for joy.

    Love you too twin sis.

    ReplyDelete
  17. someday we'll be there Jan. Yes, I am still a fan of snail mail and I miss receiving some.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think more dreamed of going to the land of the kings and queens and yes, sharing friendship outside blogging from people you met on the blogging world exceeds the feeling of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was awed too when I saw your post right after i posted mine. I think we really miss the good old days of snail mail.

    ReplyDelete
  20. it is indeed a special event. Momentous in single word.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's really special George. I will never forget this for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  22. super po mommy. have a great day din po.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oo sis, I saw those cards. At you gave me an idea what to do next Christmas. Thanks again. I am super happy and until now, hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na I got something from UK>

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet! Such a wonderful Christmas card! Happy 2012 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love letters especially if it's personalized :)

    Btw, please join my blog giveaway =)
    http://bit.ly/rSbDNl

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely!!! wish i had such a luck!! what a pleasure to receive such mails... am very very very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Konti nlng nakakatanggap ng mga ganito. Mas nauso na kasi ang email. But cards like these are soooo much better still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are excellent posts. Thank you so much! Keep up the outstanding work!

    spa hotel deals ireland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and for leaving your comments. I really appreciate it. Feel free to visit again when you have the time.