Not so long ago in one of my previous post, I confessed how I wished for the World Wide Web to crashed so we could go back to the good old days of snail mail. Today, I will profess my endearment with snail mail, not for the sole reason of collecting stamps but for the excitement and joy it brings.
Last week, right after I posted the story about the Christmas card I got from sis Kris, I saw the post of TB of Year 31 about the new blog game she created for the love of snail mail. I joined, because like her, I too am amazed with the idea that something I was holding today will be on the hands of someone halfway around the world.
I think I already mentioned this kind of project to Sis Kris the last time on how I would like to send snail mail to people. Since TB already came up with the brightest idea and rules, she made my life and my desire come to realization with no sweat.
How to join? Please read below. Please take note how awesome the rules are, no limit and you can do whatever you want. It's the thought that counts.
1. Write a blog post announcing that you're participating.
2. Copy these rules and the above icon into your post.
3. Ask people to comment if they are willing to participate on their own blog. Sorry, but you MUST have a blog to join in on the snail mail action.
4. Choose a winner (or two or three) from your comments section. You can choose your winners however you like--at random, first comment, whoever lives the farthest--it's your blog, do what you want!
5. Go shopping (or scavenging)! Pick out items that are easy to mail and cost under $5. Be thrifty, be creative. Got something good lying around the house? Send that! Mailing your gift to another country or region? Send a local candy or snack item! In this case, it really IS the thought that counts.
6. Mail those items to your chosen winner(s), and one to the person who sent you a gift (if you received one). Send a little note with the gift--show off your (little-used) handwriting!
7. No need to tag other bloggers. The game will be passed along through the posting of snail mail.
8. You don't have to be chosen to participate. If you want to join in the fun but nobody mailed you anything, just start with #1 and away you go!
VERY IMPORTANT: By commenting and saying that you are willing to participate, you are promising to pay it forward. Please only join in if you are willing to give your address (through private email) to the blogger whose blog you are commenting on.
I will choose three special people who will receive my snail mail in random. Join the fun and magic of snail mail.